Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First School Blog for Me

I am constantly looking for new ideas to use in my classroom, and have found thousands that I would like to try to incorporate into my daily hectic schedule in first grade.  Ain't nobody got time for all that.  So, I must be picky and choose only what will work for my babies.

I'm starting this blog to keep track of the different activities, lessons, classroom management procedures, etc. that I try and have liked and vice versa.  I will give feedback on how things worked, or if I would improvise or try something completely different with and for them.

One thing I've noticed in the blogosphere is that there are a ton of blogs dedicated to the Common Core. Texas does not participate in Common Core; therefore, most of the resources available do not follow along with the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) that I must follow in order to ensure that my babies have been taught everything they must know and master before moving on to 2nd grade in the great state of Texas.

So, here I am.  I'm joining thousands of other educators that love their jobs so much that we're willing to stay up a few extra hours when we should be cleaning house, folding laundry, or in my case when I should be sleeping because my 2 month old baby is snoozing away and will probably wake as soon as I turn off my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment