Thursday, July 28, 2016

Too Many Ideas!!!

I got to take a peek at my new classroom last week.  My mind has been going 100 mph trying to figure out how to transform the space into something conducive to a safe, fun, engaging learning environment.  Here's what my classroom looks like now:
The view from the door.

Another view from the door.  I'm so excited to have windows.  I haven't had them in 5 years!

These are not desks that are suitable for 1st graders.  I've asked that we switch them for smaller ones.  We'll see.

Lots of storage space.

2 closets!

I'm wondering how I can utilize the space above the door.  Not sure yet.

I'm loving all of the closets.

More storage space.

Possibly a space for guided reading books?

I won't have to hang my own hooks!  I do have a mailbox thing for students, so I'm not sure what I'll do with 30 cubbies.

Woohoo!

I'm definitely going to touchup that paint back there.

Those are restrooms that we share with the classroom next door.  Not sure how that works, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

3 filing cabinets!  I'm not sure that I'll need them all, but we'll see.

So, the ideas have been piling in and my Pinterest boards are filled to the brim which makes it a little overwhelming.  I've come up with a way to fix that.  I purchased a notebook for my ideas.  As I go through my Organization/Decor Board, I print out the pictures of ideas that I want to use.  I then glue them into the notebook and write my thoughts next to the pictures.  I'll post pictures of that later.  They didn't show up in my Dropbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment