Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The End of An Era

I've worked approximately 40 minutes from my home for the past 5 years.  I absolutely LOVE the district I worked at, my co-workers/friends, and my administration.  My goal when I first started was to stay for 5 years to gain experience and then, if I wanted to, I would look for a job closer to home.  I also wanted that 5 year jacket that all of my friends sported every day.  I wanted that jacket!

As time went by, I found that it was becoming increasingly hard to be so far away.  Waking up at 4 AM was hard.  Waking my child up (when she went to school with me) was hard.  Leaving my house by 6:20 AM was hard.  Driving through the worst weather EVER over the tallest bridges in the country was hard.  Not being able to go home to refresh myself on nights that we had Open House, STARR Night, etc. was hard. Being pregnant and a nursing mom with a baby that never slept was extra hard.  It was H-A-R-D period.

With 2 years left to reach my 5 year goal, I began praying specifically for what I wanted after the 2 years was up.  I prayed for a 1st grade position (1st holds a dear place in my heart) in one of the 2 school districts that I lived in/near.  I prayed HARD.

At the end of my 5th year, I told my principal my plans and began looking for "that" job that I had been praying for.  I ended up getting an offer at a charter school that was opening in a town close by.  No bridges, 15 minutes from my house, and a pay increase.  I accepted.  However, this isn't exactly what I had prayed for.   I continued to pray about it and continued looking because they have no contracts in this charter school.  I went on 3 interviews in the 2 different school districts that I was praying for and was hopeful.

The first interview wasn't all that great.  I had had a stomach virus with a fever (chills included) the night before the interview.  I went anyway, but I was a HOT mess!  The following week I went on another interview for a 3rd grade spot and the principal called to tell me that I didn't get that position, but he wanted me to wait until the end of July and apply for a possible kindergarten position that may come available after registration.  I went on the 3rd interview and killed it.  I got the call a couple of days later that I had landed the job I had prayed for.  A first grade position in one of the school districts that I wanted and it's 6 minutes from my home.  I'm sooooooooooo excited and I can't wait to get started.

I've already met my team members (they interviewed me) and we went out to eat last week.  They brought me to the school to see my room and now I'm itching to get started.

Prayer is a powerful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment